Determination – Be the Bear
November 8, 2018
These pictures of a determined black bear prove that problem solving takes a goal and the grit to go after it. (This is also why I had to stop feeding the birds when I lived in New Hampshire.)
Let’s break down his problem-solving steps:
The bird feeder is 12 feet high, suspended across two trees by a rope, and inside is yummy bird seed. And, since there are no donuts left in the compost bin, I will just have to go for the bird seed.
1. Get 12 feet high by climbing the tree. ✔
3. Shimmy across the rope to get closer to the yummy bird seed. ✔
3. Use your teeth to pull the yummy bird seed closer. ✔
4. Use your feet to open the bird feeder and get to the yummy bird seed. ✔
Want to earn your high school diploma?
Be the Bear.
- Climb your tree! Do you need 22 credits? 18 credits? 4.5 credits?
- Shimmy across your rope. One course at a time – get closer to the top of your tree.
- Use your determination (teeth) and pull yourself closer and closer.
- You are almost there! (Do not succumb to senioritis) Finish your last course!
You are the Bear! Bravo!
Ellen R. – Whitmore School Principal
Mom of Alina – 2009 Graduate
Would you like to learn more about Whitmore School’s Mastery Learning?See all blog posts