Transcript Evaluation Request
Many of our diploma seeking students have earned high school credits from other high schools and wish to transfer those credits to Whitmore School. Transfer credits will be awarded according to our Transfer Credit Policy.
Optional – If you need a complete list of courses that will be required in order to graduate prior to completing the enrollment process, please request to have a transcript evaluation. The transcript evaluation fee will be refunded upon your enrollment.
Transfer Credit Policies
General policies regarding all transfer students
- The registrar evaluates all requests for transfer credit.
- Transfer credit is only awarded for high-school level courses.
- No more than 1.0 credit will be recorded on the student transcript for each course, even if the course is taken in different schools.
- Transfer credits are accepted for all courses on transcripts from public high schools.
- Students pursuing a diploma from Whitmore School are required to complete at least 4.5 credits at Whitmore School, regardless of how many credits are transferred. These credits must include 2 core course credits* from 2 different subject areas. .5 credit of Test Prep and 2 additional elective or core course credits. *Core course subjects are English, Math, Science and Social Studies.
- Whitmore School may accept credits from non-accredited schools when validated by one or more of the following procedures:
- A review of the student’s academic record
- An analysis of the sending school’s curriculum
- A review of a Homeschool Association portfolio of student work
- An assessment of scholastic performance
- No more than 8.0 total credits per year will be recorded on the student transcript once the student has enrolled at whitmore School. This includes a combination of credits earned at Whitmore School and other schools.
- CompuHigh/Whitmore School recognizes accreditation from:
CITA – Commission on International and Trans-regional Accreditation
NCA – North Central Association
SACS – Southern Association of Colleges and Schools
WASC – Western Association of Schools and Colleges
NEASC – New England Association of Schools and Colleges
MSA – Middle States Association
NCPSA- National Council of Private School Accreditation
IB – International Baccalaureate
GAC – Georgia Accrediting Commission
- Credits are transferred with the letter grade awarded by the previous high school.
To read the full Transfer Credit Policies click on the following link: http://www.whitmoreschool.org/transfer-credit-policies/